Use the Waze App to negotiate traffic
We have partnered with Waze to give you live traffic updates on race day, so you can plan you drive with minimal interruption.
More details to follow before race day.
Download the app to get live information relating to the road closures affecting your desired route to/from home, church, shops, etc.
Full Road Closures
The following roads will be affected on race day:
- 04:00 – 14:00
- R554 West Bound – closed to general traffic between R23 and Van Dyk road;
- R554 East Bound – single lane, dual carriageway between Van Dyk road and R23.
- 08:00 – 12:00
- R23 North Bound – closed to general traffic between R550 and R554;
- R23 South Bound – single lane, dual carriageway between R554 and R550.
Roads affected by Cycle Race
The following roads will be affected by the cycle race, but not closed to traffic. Expect possible delays.
- 06:00 – 10:00
- R554, between Carnival City and Springs (R51);
- R51, between Springs and Nigel (R42);
- M63, between R42 and R550.
- 07:00 – 11:00
- R550, between M63 and R23;
- R23 between R550 and R103 (Heidelberg);
- 08:00 – 12:00
- R103, between R23 and R550;
- R550, between R103 and Magagula Heights turnoff;
- Magagula Heights Road, between R550 and R103;
- R103, between Magagula Heights road and Diana road;
- Diana road, between R103 and R550;
- R550, between Diana road and R23.
- 09:00 – 14:00
- R23 (north-bound), between R550 and R554;
- R554 between R23 and van Dyk road.
The following map shows the roads closed to traffic
For further traffic updates, please stay tuned to our social media platforms listed below: